Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the play where Apple got faded by Kupp in the 4th a bad play by Apple?
(06-10-2022, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Putting Apple on Kupp 1-on-1 when Kupp had already been targeted 6 times on that drive is just a failure in coaching. Not an Apple fan in the slightest, but it's not his fault he can't shut down a 1900+ yard receiver 1-on-1, nobody should expect him to.

It's up there with asking Quinton Spain to block Aaron Donald 1-on-1. It's not Spain's fault he can't block Donald 1-on-1, it's a failure in coaching to not give help to stop the best defensive player in the NFL, let alone on a day where they have already allowed 7 sacks.

Had it on my sig for awhile there that when it came down to the final minutes of the SB, the Rams coaches believed in Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald and the Bengals coaches believed in Eli Apple and Samaje Perine. That's the difference in coaches leading their teams to victory or defeat.

I agree that Kupp should have been doubled the last drive, no reason not to....

I disagree on Spain, at least the very last play.  He was given help, all he had to do was step to his left and not totally whiff, his help was inside.  A little bit of effort to move to his left would had forced AD into Hopkins. Terrible play on his part.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was the play where Apple got faded by Kupp in the 4th a bad play by Apple? - casear2727 - 06-12-2022, 09:16 PM