Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022?
(06-12-2022, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post once again SHRacer. Agree with everything you say. First off, the trenches need to improve on both sides especially 
on Offense which I think they will with the additions as long as they stay healthy somewhat. This will improve both the running 
and passing game on Offense. Mixon due for his best season and like you say, use him different. Use Evans some on running 
downs and Mixon on passing downs to change things up. Keep Mixon fresh, don't wear him out like we were doing last year.

Trent Irwin or even Lassiter who has been catching passes from Burrow could help. You never know, these types of UDFA's 
can come out of nowhere and be what you need for depth. Been seeing and hearing good things about both of these guys.

Thinking out of Ossai, Cam Sample, Gunter, Kareem, Hubert, one of these guys should be able to help out Hendrickson and
Hubbard rushing the passer off the edge. Need to spell Trey, like you said we relied on him too much to do ALL of the pass 
rushing for us. Hendrickson needs some help. We have a lot of guys and at least one of them needs to step up.

My bet is Ossai of course lol

Agreed on Ossai, but I think Kareem might surprise some people.  I know he hasn't stayed very healthy, but when he was fully healthy he made some big plays.  I think he could be the one that lines up inside on some occasions next to Hendrickson or Ossai.  

One other guy that might shine as a rotational 3T is Tariqious Tisdale.  He is 6'5" and 285lbs with 35.25" arms.  He ran a 4.63 40 at his pro day.  He scored in the upper third of DEs in terms of relative athletic score, but that was when he was being measured against DEs.  I think he would be rated far higher against other DTs, which seems to be the position he is being trained (3T).  

The reason he is an UDFA is due to injury history at Ole Miss.  

The Bengals now have him listed at 295 lbs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022? - SHRacerX - 06-13-2022, 07:46 AM