Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE!
(06-16-2022, 04:59 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I hesitate to jump into this conversation at all, but I love looking at analytics sometimes... Are those 18 million new cases each year net-new or also inclusive of recurrences?  

I'm going off this:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics

Quote:Statistics at a Glance: The Burden of Cancer Worldwide

• Cancer is among the leading causes of death worldwide. In 2018, there were 18.1 million new cases and 9.5 million cancer-related deaths worldwide.
  • By 2040, the number of new cancer cases per year is expected to rise to 29.5 million and the number of cancer-related deaths to 16.4 million.
  • Generally, cancer rates are highest in countries whose populations have the highest life expectancy, education level, and standard of living. But for some cancer types, such as cervical cancer, the reverse is true, and the incidence rate is highest in countries in which the population ranks low on these measures.

Source: International Agency for Research on Cancer

Granted the data is 4 years old.  But it is still probably close to today's info.

More info US only:

https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/common.html

Quote:In 2022, roughly 1.9 million people will be diagnosed with cancer in the United States. An estimated 287,850 women and 2,710 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer, which makes it the most common cancer diagnosis. Prostate cancer is the leading cancer diagnosis among men and the second most common diagnosis overall with 268,490 expected cases. Lung and bronchus cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosis with an estimated 236,740 new cases.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE! - George Cantstandya - 06-16-2022, 05:02 PM