Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another safety with a new contract
(06-16-2022, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see it more as a Bates or Bell. If we sign bates to a big deal you can kiss Bell goodbye next year. 

Do we want a starting Safety tandem of Bates and Dax next year> Which one plays the box? 

In that situation Dax would definitely play the box as he is a much better tackler. The thing is Dax has range too and Von will
be much cheaper to extend. The Daxton Hill pick is so good in so many ways cause he is so versatile. I know he hasn't done it
in the NFL yet but I truly believe he will be just as good as Bates in a lot of ways and much better in his tackling.

(06-16-2022, 05:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: If we lose Bates after this year, will we regret it the way the Bengals let Whit go?

Completely different scenarios GF. Old elite LT past his prime vs somewhat inconsistent FS in his prime that will cost tons...

I think we have Bates replacement here too in Dax Hill, we didn't have anything close when Whit left.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Another safety with a new contract - pally - 06-15-2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Another safety with a new contract - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2022, 05:52 PM