Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022?
(06-16-2022, 08:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are correct, sir (In my best Ed McMahon voice).  Sample rated a 90.4 in pass rush in his final year in college.  He had 48 pressures in 316 pass rush snaps with 5 sacks.  He came out at 280 lbs, but I believe he is above that now around 290.  

He stayed very healthy in college although he did get a bit dinged up last year, which always seemed to happen (like Kareem) just as he was starting to shine.  

His snap count looks like an eye chart as he lined up at both outside backer spots, both DE spots, and both DT spots.  (although I am not entirely sure, I am guessing they ran some version of a 3-4).

My hope for Sample and Kareem is now that they were able to show a little of their talents, they get more snaps in rotation to keep the front line guys fresh and the team has a feeling for where to give them the most opportunities.

One thing I love about both guys:  relentless nature.  Like Hubbard, like Hendrickson, and like Reader and Hill....these guys don't take snaps off and I think they will be a much more significant part of 2022.  

They should have a leg up on the likes of Hubert, and the rookies, but I feel like with this coaching staff that if anyone really shines, they will play regardless of draft status.  

Thanks for the numbers SHRacer, knew Cam had one of, if not the highest PFF rating in college as an End. Just couldn't get
home and get the Sacks. Hope he watches Hendrickson exclusively this season if he is going to play End who knows how to 
finish better than about anybody but TJ Twatt. If he plays 3-tech, study up Ogunjobi's tape who I think might be back too.

I also think Cam Sample and Kareem are ahead of guys like Hubert and now Gunter. Both have great hands and flash great 
things at times. They just have to stay healthy, same with my guy Ossai.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s important and should be the staff’s focus for 2022? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2022, 05:58 PM