Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Solution To School Shootings?
(06-07-2022, 04:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Why should I have to pay to protect children that aren't mine? I already have to pay to support the public school system as a whole without any benefit from it, why should I have to pay more?

Don't mistake me for someone who thinks we should be spending that kind of cash over there. I am on Ukraine's side, but I am not in favor of us taking part in any way. Call me a non-interventionist in that way. I do find it funny, though, that conservative talking points are all about fiscal responsibility until it is something they want, then it's "They could find a way to pay for it."

The best part is when you ask how that's going to get paid for.
"Well, just pull money from other things that our tax money is going toward!"
Oh really?
Well, the top 3 things tax money goes toward are military, social security, and medicare.
Are you going to reduce funding for the military? I doubt many conservatives would want that. Many think it needs more funding.
Are you going to reduce social security? Many elderly are heavily reliant on SS. Reducing that would really hurt them.
Are you going to reduce medicare? Many elderly also rely on this, and it already doesn't provide great coverage. Other insurance options are too expensive if you're not working.
I would know about these last two - my father heavily relies on SS and Medicare. Reducing those benefits would be devastating for him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Solution To School Shootings? - ochocincos - 06-17-2022, 04:03 PM