Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(06-17-2022, 11:00 AM)Housh Wrote: I don’t.

This is just like at my last job where i thought i should’ve been making 30% more than i was. Bates simply knows(or thinks he knows) his worth and is trying to get it. And i do believe Bates will follow what i did and leave and go find someone who values him at his asking price

Imo if players aren’t willing to sit out season games then i don’t understand why they drag these negotiations out.

Nobody questions Bates' head or heart for wanting to maximize his next contract or leaving to do so.

People question his head and his heart because he could not deal with the pressure of playing in a contract year.  If you're trying to negotiate a raise from your workplace, going out and doing a crappy job isn't a good way to go about it.  If you want an employer to value you more and pay you more as a result, you have to show just how much more valuable you can be to the company.  That's what most NFL players do in contract years, but not Bates.  From my experience, employees who get mopey and start half assing their work because they feel they are underpaid simply never work out long term.  If you give them a raise, they'll be happy for awhile, then fall back into the same behavior or go somewhere else and repeat the same behavior.  Bates will likely be the same way.  When he gets his big contract, he'll be happy for awhile until other S contracts start topping his.  Then he'll mope and whine about an extension.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Whatever - 06-18-2022, 02:00 AM