Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does Tee Higgins do that makes him worth 20+ million a year?
(06-18-2022, 11:49 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Yep.  The current market says he’s gonna make somewhere in the 18-22 million per year range if he produces another 1k season with 8-10 TD’s.  The cap is going up, and salaries are keeping pace.  Someone will pay him if Cincy does not.  I’d like to see an early round WR next year for contingency or depth purposes.  It’ll be hard to pay Joe, Jamar, and Tee when the team isn’t awash in liquid assets like the Rams, Cowboys, etc.

I thought that the Bengals would keep Chase and Higgins and then let Boyd go when his contract ran up (he'll be heading into his age 30 season) but with the way contracts for WRs are, I think now the plan should be just sign Chase and just start using a 2nd round pick for a WR in every other draft from now on ('23, '25, '27, etc) to keep churning out complimentary WRs to fill out the ranks after Chase and his eventual huge payday.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does Tee Higgins do that makes him worth 20+ million a year? - TheLeonardLeap - 06-18-2022, 12:35 PM