Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your top 10 favorite bengals ever
Great thread. My list may be unusual. It's my list.

Steve "Herc" Chomyszak. DT from the early years. My roommate used to work out with him and he had stories. Herc used to roam the city looking for all you can eat buffets. Had to find new ones because ownership never let him return.

Mike Reid. Second best 3-tech DT we've ever had. Dominant defensive player for 5 years, then walked away for a music career while he still had all ten fingers. Dude had his priorities straight. Also had a couple of pretty good country songs.

Tommy Casanova. Same as Reid. Substitute free safety/punt returner for position, med school for music career.

Reggie Williams. Guy almost lost a leg for us.

Ken Dyer. Worse than Reggie. Look him up if you don't know his story.

David Fulcher. I invited him to speak at a men's event at our church. Great message -- faith, family, football -- no charge. Afterward he autographed photos for $10 for a foundation to benefit his wife's chronic health condition. Also, he almost skulled me with an errant tee shot on the Grizzly. But I don't hold it against him.

Tim Krumrie. He doesn't get hurt, we beat SF. Stayed in the locker room with a shattered ankle watching the rest of the game.

Boomer. Lay down in front of buses.

Kevin Kaesviharn. He was teaching PE when the Bengals signed him mid-season and he became a starter on a horrible team. I was driving through Pennsylvania listening to Steelers build a lead over the Bengals on Shittsburgh radio, and Myron Cope made fun of him throughout the game. "Looks like the gym teacher forgot to prepare his lesson. Har-har." Got to my in-laws house just in time to see Pelfrey (I think) kick the winning FG.

Keith Rucker. DT from my alma mater, Ohio Wesleyan, who had a brief NFL run. I met him in the autograph tent before a game. He was so excited to be recognized by a fellow Battling Bishop, he wrote all over the back of my hat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
your top 10 favorite bengals ever - Leon - 06-17-2022, 07:29 PM
RE: your top 10 favorite bengals ever - Speedy Thomas - 06-18-2022, 01:16 PM