Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?!
Bottom line is we need to see a jump in Chris Evans game, namely in pass protection and get him some 1st and 2nd
down carries so we can use both in ways that are unpredictable. This would make it possible to use Mixon more in the
passing game. Same with Perine even though I don't find him to have near the upside of these 2 in the passing game.

Would be nice to have both Mixon and Evans on the field at the same time a couple times a game to spell our big 3
and be unpredictable in this aspect too. A formation you can pass out of or run out of depending on what the Defense
shows Burrow. I honestly would like to see some of the formations we used to run back in the late 80's when we went
to the SB the second time. Where both RB's are lined up next each other behind the QB.

You can hand it to either RB or the RB can move out into the Slot or out wide in these formations. There are ways.

I know Callahan likes to run Mixon on 1st and 2nd downs but this DOES wear him out and it IS predictable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-22-2022, 04:38 PM