Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odds for next year's Superbowl.
(06-23-2022, 02:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals came out of nowhere last year.  They were hot at the right time.  

The players on defense created timely plays. I understand why the pundits and other fans think the Cincinnati Bengals were lucky.

Statistically the defense wasn't really eye catching, but as a unit they were scrappy and dependable.  Sweet Lou and the defense held Mahomes to 3 points in the second half in each of the two games.  Buffalo bills couldn't stop mahomes for 13 seconds.

I don't think Joe Burrow looked great in the playoffs, likely due to his dislocated finger and lingering knee strain. Meaning I don't think Burrow was at his best last year and they still almost won the super bowl which was played on LA Rams home field.

Sometimes metrics do not match the soul of a team or the team chemistry. The Cincinnati Bengals are such a team which is why people underestimate their potential.  Let them. To the op: If you have $100 to burn, go ahead. If you're really a believer, put a thousand down now.

Great post Psych. Also have to add we were the youngest team to ever reach the SuperBowl and we might be even younger 
this season with our FA and Draft. Burrow being healthy is huge, the ACL injury clearly slowed him down and it was in his head
early in the season. By around the Raiders first game is when he started to look himself and then the dislocated finger happened
against the Chargers and we still ended up going to the SuperBowl.

The Offense WILL be better with a revamped OL and the young players having another year in the system.

The Defense WILL be better if they build off what they did in the AFC Championship and the SuperBowl against 2 top Offenses.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Odds for next year's Superbowl. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-23-2022, 05:49 PM