Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?!
(06-24-2022, 07:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When you say "effectively", I think "less predictably".  I always hated how he NEVER played a third down (seemingly) when Gio was still here.  You could see the frustration when Mixon would come off the field.  He was in the flow of the game and beginning to roll and, here comes, off the field.

I wanted to see more Mixon on third down and more Gio on first and second downs with some inside runs.  Teams can type-cast what you are going to do with certain personnel when you never deviate from the "script".  

FWIW, I think it has gotten better, but I would still like to see RBs alternate DRIVES, not snaps or certain play selections. 

Actually I said “efficiently “ not effectively. He’s more likely to get the ball on first or second down. They watch his snaps religiously. Evans ….again I’ve said this… as a rookie and the protection issues they couldn’t use him much. They’ve got to spell Mixon. Running the ball on third down unlikely. Perine simply as far as they were concerned was better in pass pro. He showed he’s pretty good in the passing game with that great TD vs I think KC in the first game at the end of the half. Perine also in short yardage doesn’t give up on the play as easily. I realize a lot on here don’t like Perine in short yardage but I think it’s got a lot more to do with the OL in short yardage period. When you are putting a team together there’s lots of consideration. Perine is on every special team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?! - Soonerpeace - 06-24-2022, 11:10 AM