Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?!
(06-24-2022, 11:10 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Actually I said “efficiently “ not effectively. He’s more likely to get the ball on first or second down. They watch his snaps religiously. Evans ….again I’ve said this… as a rookie and the protection issues they couldn’t use him much. They’ve got to spell Mixon. Running the ball on third down unlikely. Perine simply as far as they were concerned was better in pass pro. He showed he’s pretty good in the passing game with that great TD vs I think KC in the first game at the end of the half. Perine also in short yardage doesn’t give up on the play as easily. I realize a lot on here don’t like Perine in short yardage but I think it’s got a lot more to do with the OL in short yardage period. When you are putting a team together there’s lots of consideration. Perine is on every special team.

I an admittedly small sample size, Evans was actually pretty solid at pass blocking, with a PFF ranking of 84.  This was actually an even higher rating than his score as a receiver (80).  I didn't mean for this to evolve in to another Perine debate, but just hoping to see a very efficient use of all the RBs with a less predictable nature of play-calls by personnel.  

Evans also plays special teams, I believe.  One of the things that Perine has going for him is durability.  Don't think I remember that guy ever being injured.  And I don't want Perine gone, I just want to see more Evans overall...and more Mixon in the passing game.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?! - SHRacerX - 06-25-2022, 09:27 AM