Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I wasn't worried, now I'm worried. The Bengals are light at TE
(06-24-2022, 09:14 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ask the Cleveland Browns how far having a deep TE room got them in the last
2 seasons ?
The truth is , it's impossible to be deep at every position in the NFL.
That's great ,the Ravens are well stocked at TE. But if Andrews goes down
They are in no better shape than Cincy in the TE room unless I'm forgetting a FA
They signed in the off season
Behind Andrews are a couple rookies drafted this year.
Ask Pat and Jim about the Ravens WR depth .

Excellent point.  We live in 11 personnel for the most part anyways.  Like we always say about guys like Perine and Evans...the coaches know them and feel comfortable with the depth at the position.  

I know a great weapon at TE can be huge for Red Zone and makes it very challenging for teams to defend you, but I look at the impact that Pitts had in Atlanta compared to the impact Chase had in Cincy and I will spend our cap dollars on elite WRs and go "cheap" at TEs like Hurst that want a chance to prove himself or draft picks.  

And while Sample always seems to be slighted around here, he is a solid blocker and receiver.  He just isn't a vertical threat.  Not every TE needs to be.  

Should Hurst get injured and Samples struggles, I actually feel like Wilcox has something to him and could be, at the very least, serviceable. 

My hope for Moss is he dedicated himself to improving special teams play and becomes a steady part of that group so he gets a roster spot and some chances on offense should one of the top two TEs struggle or have injuries.  I still think Moss is a very capable TE, but he is a little one-dimensional when it comes to not playing special teams.  Maybe he can, and just got injured right before being able to prove that.

My biggest depth concern is at the guard spot.  We have a fairly high draft pick on Carman, and an intriguing prospect in Volson.  Behind that, there isn't much.  Hill, I guess, will make the roster as a backup center and guard, but I see Adeniji and Smith as more tackle prospects.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wasn't worried, now I'm worried. The Bengals are light at TE - SHRacerX - 06-25-2022, 10:08 AM