Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF ranks Zac Taylor #22 of 26 NFL head coaches
A lot of this is subjective and like a chicken/egg thing. I was posting in here last preseason that Zac had been working within an impossible mission, given the defense and offensive line that the team was working with. He was the head coach of a team that many predicted to be one of the worst in football and went to the Super Bowl;still with one of the worst offensive lines in the league. As an offensive oriented coach, it’s still a bit hard to have a just evaluation, as almost every play is predicated by the offensive line. I have disagreed with some things he’s done, and also posted some of them over the past season, so I’m not some myopic Zac apologist. I do think he deserves a little more credit at times though, and I’m not looking to debate it, as - like I said in the first sentence - it is a pretty subjective topic. The anti-Zac sentiment seems to be that a chimp could’ve gone out there and done the same thing with Burrow on the team. I hope he continues to rack up wins and eventually win over a larger portion of the fanbase. If not, I at least hope he continues to rack up wins, even if everyone gives 100 percent of the credit elswhere.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF ranks Zac Taylor #22 of 26 NFL head coaches - Dr.Z - 06-27-2022, 06:24 PM