Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown
Daugherty has always been kind of a dick.  I can see why he might like Mike Brown.

I don't think Mike Brown is evil.  He was just hard-headed and stubborn to a fault.  He had "his way" and for decades he refused to acknowledge that "his way" did not work.

Unless you have an insane metabolism there is nothing admirable about refusing to use air-conditioning when you have millions of dollars.  It is like the dumb coaches who for years refused to let their players drink water during practice because it made them "soft".  One reason players perform better today than back in the '90's is that they know more about "recovery time" and sleep and hydration.  Having players suffering and sweltering in the heat during training camp just reduced their efficiency.

There is nothing wrong with having an inexpensive car.  I am sure it is dependable and well-maintained.

There is nothing wrong with helping specific individuals instead of giving to charities as long as he is not talking about his own children/family.

There is nothing wrong with having coaches take part in the scouting as long as it is not during the season.  In fact I would say that most coaches like having a voice in scouting the players.  But it is not a valid excuse to skimp on the scouting department. Especially when your team LIVES BY THE DRAFT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - pally - 06-27-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - fredtoast - 06-27-2022, 10:45 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - Sled21 - 06-28-2022, 04:27 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - samhain - 06-30-2022, 09:34 PM