Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating
(06-05-2022, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have apologized to him and told him that I won't spend another dime on his tab, and he has responded different ways, like saying I just need to be more careful or that he doesn't care what I spend, which is contradictory to why he was mad in the first place, and he just keeps going back and forth.

This is normal, Brad; I do it all the time (especially with my wife).

If someone inconveniences me or does something that wrongs me, but neither is an absolute end of the world sitch, they will of course apologise, but EVERY time, without fail, I respond, "It's ok; I don't mind the things you do, but try to just not do something that (insert negative) to me again, please."

It shows empathy, care, but most of all, that he loves you; none of it is contradictory.

(06-05-2022, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As I've said in this thread, we have talked about it.

My grandma (his mom), suffered from dementia, and it came on quick, which is why I'm wondering if that's what's happening here. I think he's only 70, which isn't that old at all.

This isn't a dig at you, Brad, but I still to this day cannot fathom how kids don't know their parents' ages. Like, have you not grown up around them or taken an interest in them at all?

It's just completely baffling...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MY Old Man's Brain Is Deteriorating - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-28-2022, 10:21 PM