Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State of the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals
(06-29-2022, 10:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pretty much nails it.

Lots of good solid facts listed as to why we should improve on offense.

On defense just a big "If they gel".

I feel that last year our talent on defense was better than their below average rankings in scoring and yards.  They improved late in the year, but it was mostly based on getting more turnovers.  And even the fans who insist that the first 13 games last year don't really count have to admit that the only reason we needed our offense to score on the last play of the game in both Chiefs games was because our defense could not hold a fourth quarter lead.  

I like our draft picks on defense but barring injury I don't see any of them playing a major role this year.  And we lost one of the best 3T's in the league in Ogunjobi.  No matter how much you like Hill he is not better than Hill and Ogunjobi.  So I see us as taking a step back in talent on the defense.  But even with the loss of Larry I still feel we have better talent than "below average".  So if we can get them to "gel" or get the coaches to figure out how to play more than one half in a game I think we could be close to top 10 on defense.

And with our offense a 10th ranked defense is plenty good enough to win a championship.
We lost Larry when it mattered most, the playoffs. How did our defense respond without him? I think Hill is being under rated and will make an positive impact just as Bates made an impact as a rookie.  I see our defense better in 2021 in yards allowed simply because I see our offense on the field more with the OL improvement and our defense on the field less. Less plays equals less yards and less plays equals less reps and more rest during the game.

I love this team and think they will improve overall in 2022.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Luvnit2 - 06-30-2022, 12:13 AM