Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown
I have never been a Mike Brown, The GM, fan. Things started getting better as he let others participate. Before the SB there was a WSJ article "My Head Says Rams. My Heart Says Bengals. It’s a Super Bowl Toss-Up!"

One of the comments from subscribers was : "Can't root for any team owned by Kroenke, although from the little I've read the Bengals owner ain't no saint either."

I was compelled to set his opinion straight, thus my response:

"Don't know what you have been reading about Mike Brown, the Bengals' owner, but if there was any person in NFL ownership who would qualify as saintly, it would be him. He has been cheap and made some bad football and business decisions over the past 30 years, but nobody can denigrate his character. He goes to EVERY practice and sits alone or with family at the game. He is loyal to his personnel, frequently to the detriment of team, He never makes a phony contract designed for cap space, when a player signs a Bengals contract, they know it will be honored. Did you not hear his magnanimous Lamar Hunt trophy acceptance? He won't sell his soul for a profit. The stadium in which the Bengals play is still named after his Father, not some corporate sponsor. Say what you will about his GM skills, but his character is beyond reproach."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - pally - 06-27-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - Sled21 - 06-28-2022, 04:27 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - dr tarzan - 06-30-2022, 12:35 PM
RE: Paul Daugherty on Mike Brown - samhain - 06-30-2022, 09:34 PM