Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginning of the end, for Obamacare?
(12-04-2015, 06:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Follow up:  Isn't that also against the "free market" determining wages and prices?  If the number of doctors is cut in half they can charge more for their services.  I get that without the mark ups and middle men prices should drop...but you still can't just go to the mall and get a polio shot or get an arm reattached.  

Its just more complicated than that.

Single payer is still the best, but it won't happen for the same reasons.  No one in the field wants to start making less for what they do.

Single payer locks down prices at the federal level .

My suggestion allows local markets to set their prices. So low income areas pay less. Doctors will get what people are willing to pay .

A doctors charges $100 (made up number) for a visit now because they can ... I they can get that much under my proposal then they will charge it. If they can only get $20 then they need more customers.

Doctors are people and people want to make the most money they can. It will come down to what people are willing to pay. That's why I mentioned concierge medicine above. You pay like a club fee and then get discounted rates. It's almost like the doctor is insuring you to an extent. What happens when he insures you..... He doesn't waste money on useless tests or medicines.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginning of the end, for Obamacare? - StLucieBengal - 12-04-2015, 06:53 PM