Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
State of the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals
(06-30-2022, 12:28 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't be ***** serious. Thy gave up 3 points in each 2nd half against KC... What more do you want? The rookie will come in and replace Larry O without a problem.. He was a role player that made a splash play here and there, He was horrible against the run too..
Yeah. Our defense really showed up and surprised me. 

I think Carter is underrated could come in and do some damage, especially since he played in the NFL's B league- the SEC.
(06-30-2022, 01:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Then Buffalo the #1 ranked defense is not a good defense because they did worse against KC than the Bengals . Horrible analogy
I don't think people realize how good Mahomes is with Kelce and Hill. Hopefully he takes a step back without Hill but still having Kelce always makes him dangerous.
(06-30-2022, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I still really wish we had one more impactful guy on defense. I think that's the last thing this team needs.

An All Pro type of guy at any of the positions on our defense is what I am talking about.
I agree. I can't really remember a guy since Geno in his prime. Bates maybe but he didn't really show up til the playoffs and who knows if playing on the tag this year will allow him to play like he did in the playoffs last year or if he just takes off the regular season again.

I think Hill, Taylor-Britt, and even Anderson can make some plays as rookies.

Hopefully Bates can play all season like it's the playoffs and then Bell, Apple, and Awuzie might not be All-Pro but I think they could make our secondary one of our strengths. 

I think Wilson could also have a strong year and make some splash plays.
(06-30-2022, 02:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think you are right. I think Logan Wilson comes close in 2022

I think the defense feels strong in 2022, is more business-like, and everyone gets behind Wilson as the leader and he has a BIG year!

I'm not saying he'll be as good as Ray Lewis, but I feel like he can be a leader and get the entire defense fired up and following him!

(Again, I'm not comparing them or saying he'll be as good but just I think the defense will rally around him.)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: State of the 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - BFritz21 - 06-30-2022, 03:28 PM