Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan & Taylor make NFL list
(07-02-2022, 01:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just my opinion.  There may be no correlation between penalties and winning but I think a low amount of penalties also shows a more disciplined team.  Very good teams can of course overcome lots of penalties especially if they are getting those penalties when they already have a substantial lead.   But in my opinion less penalties is an example of a team that is more cohesive and disciplined.  I don't know but they may be less likely to let the stress of a game situation lead them into causing an unnecessary penalty during a crucial situation.    As Bengals fans we have certainly seen when dumb penalties at bad times have been costly.  Then again fans of every team has seen that at one time or another.  Those tend to get remembered a lot more than when a player gets a holding or PI for example when their team is up a bunch of points.

Overall I think the Bengals having a low penalty count is good.  It may not mean much according to stats but I still think it is a positive.

Nice post George, as you know I am of the same opinion. Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Callahan & Taylor make NFL list - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-02-2022, 01:44 PM