Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callahan & Taylor make NFL list
(07-02-2022, 02:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s just silly to say it’s not an element of offensive football. Can you overcome it? Sure but it’s like having or not having a sprinkler system for your lawn. The less penalties is going make things easier. Ha I mean realistically does this team make the Super Bowl if it’s heavily penalized? How about those last few playoff games? How about illegal procedure on some of McPherson’s field goals. It’s a silly discussion

Completely agree. ThumbsUp

(07-02-2022, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What baffles my mind is when you show people factual proof and they refuse to accept it. Rfaulk is not "taking Fred's side". He us beading his opinion on facts and data.

You can't just point to one penalty that coat a game. The facts show that there are also some negative aspects to teams with fewer penalties (less aggression, less desire to keep QB from getting hit, not playing consistent tight pass coverage, etc, etc) that wipe out any benefit of fewer penalties.

There is no correlation between fewer total penalties and winning. That us a fact. Not an opinion. Learn the difference and you will no longer be "baffled".

It is more in the middle, of course penalties can hurt you but also you can overcome them as Soonerpeace says.

Sure helps being disciplined is all I am saying cause you can shoot yourself in the foot and lose games if you are not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Callahan & Taylor make NFL list - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-02-2022, 04:08 PM