Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I keep going back and forth between that Chase juke and long TD against KC or the….
(07-06-2022, 12:24 AM)Housh Wrote: Lions Mixon run where Jamarr Chase busted his ass to block the guy which allowed Mixon to score as my favorite Chase play of 2021-2022.

The Lions plays was just great tape to have out there. That’s a play where Chase can give up and Mixon then has to break a tackle and may or may not score. But he made sure he was involved in the play and totally plastered the defender with a block which got Joe an easy TD. I like the play because of the effort but it was also a good summary of how unselfish the team was as a whole.

But i keep coming back to the Chiefs play where Chase planted that foot, juked and outran everyone for 60+ yards. The timing of the play was just so great. We were down 14 and it was starting to look like a game you turn off. If you remember Mahommes started that game off what felt like 20/20 for 2 TDs. That TD changed the game and got everyone back focused, players AND fans. I just remember being so hype as he was scoring that.

The Mixon block is such a great play.  Chase is well behind Mixon to start the play, then blows right by him, stalks the DB down field, and puts him on the ground.  That's just a case of an incredible athlete showing a ton of desire to win and help his teammates succeed.  Even more impressive is that it wasn't like this was in the clutch against a top tier team.  This was in the first half against a bad Lions team.  

"Chase is on the case" from the first KC game is different, but arguably more impressive.  I don't know what surprised me more, the fact that he started back towards the backside pursuit or the fact that he managed to outrun everyone.  Even though we saw it before in the first Baltimore game, I think that confirmed that he was going to be a guy who came through in big games.  I popped in the GameDay thread after his third TD and someone had posted a picture of Atlas holding up the world with the caption "Ja'Marr Chase right now" and it was very apropos.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep going back and forth between that Chase juke and long TD against KC or the…. - Whatever - 07-06-2022, 12:25 PM