Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Rules against EPA having regulation of green house emissions
(07-06-2022, 12:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I largely agree, but I will say that this is what happens when said agencies start overreaching.  A good idea can quickly turn into an awful one if the person/organization implementing it goes beyond the intended scope of their discretionary powers.  We've talked several times about the ATF doing exactly that, changing laws and rules on a whim and making rules based on dubious, or flat out erroneous, logic.  I don't know enough about this EPA lawsuit, or the EPA in general, to know if that's the case here but the precedent is certainly there.

I agree with your take, here, but I have to say that the fault doesn't just lie with these agencies. The fault also lies with a Congress that doesn't do its job. What should happen, how our system is supposed to work, is that if an agency acts in a way that is not aligned with the authority granted to them, they get dragged into the halls of the Capitol to answer for their actions. This doesn't happen as much as it should because we have sycophantic Congresses that are afraid to buck their party when they have the White House. It's a mess.

Now with this SCOTUS precedent instead of corrective actions against rogue agencies we have a sweeping ruling that has a potential to really tear down the inner workings of our government.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court Rules against EPA having regulation of green house emissions - Belsnickel - 07-06-2022, 10:26 PM