Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH
(07-06-2022, 10:01 PM)basballguy Wrote: I understand.  You're implying individuals with faith can't legislate without taking their faith into consideration.  If that were the case then abortion would be completely illegal in Texas, wouldn't it?  I believe, whether you agree or not, our leaders have been pretty good about not leveraging their faith when writing legislation.  That may not stop them from sharing their beliefs but I haven't seen any example (though I haven't really looked) that is on the lines of "I wrote this law because it aligns with my religious faith."

There are plenty of people against abortion for religious reasons but I haven't seen any law that plays off those religious beliefs.  It's easy to say "Well that's what he/she believes so it clearly means they are writing legislation influenced by faith" but really you're just guessing and making assumptions at that point.   

No sir. I'm not implying they can't legislate without taking their faith into consideration. Of course they could if they wanted to, but far too many choose not to and are pretty vocal about it; taking to social media, the floors of state and federal Congress, at rallies and fundraisers, and on conservative outlets --- stating in no uncertain terms that their faith not only informs their decisions, but that their particular interpretations of morality - as derived from their faith - should serve as the foundation of American legislation. Many of these same people think the Constitution is divinely inspired, that school prayer should be mandated and that being anything other than straight and binary is a sin. 

These are people in power. They exist within every facet of American politics. They are involved with legislative decisions. They also aren't shy about what they think or want in terms of making the country more Christian. You don't have to take my word for it. You can simply listen to them tell you on almost a daily basis, in almost every social / political arena; from names that everyone recognizes to names that most haven't heard of, yet.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH - Lucidus - 07-07-2022, 01:44 AM