Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-08-2022, 10:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You are discussing maximum resolution.... There is MUCH MUCH more to image quality than maximum resolution. Much like their is more to high performance vehicles than maximum horse power.

Screen size, seating distance, and the actual technology in the panel have more to do with image quality than maximum resolution.

Some basic model Panasonic 1080P plasma displays still have spectacular image quality even when A/B'd to the newest 4K  orceven 8k OLED panels.

I have been in the AV industry since 2019 and owned an integration firm since 2006. I'm a dealer of Sony, LG, Samsung, Hisense, JVC.. and on and on and have done many trainings with these companies and have also given many trainings to AV companies.

There is a lot going on in these televisions that matter more than max res. I can name the bigest ones: Diming zone, aperture speed (on a PJ), pixel shift (or not), how many segments a color wheel has (DLP PJ), trimode laser or single (pj), ambient light tech, panel type (LG uses one type, Sony/Samsung another), color saturation, grey scale, motion processing and speed...... That list goes on and on and on where thise things allllll trump maximum resolution.

Now, where you do have a leg to stand on here is that the newest sets with the newest/best tech (plasma being excluded because it is a dead tech and was killed off for reasons other than performance) DO have the highest resolution AND the most cutting edge panel tech. So, in that sense, you're right.... Bleeding edge tech will typically have the highest picture quality. But that is more to do with how the picture is implemented and not the max resolution. Especially on TVs where the screens are so small  since most are under 120".

My OLED in HD picture beats the **** out of my LED in 4K. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor - WeezyBengal - 07-08-2022, 11:02 AM