Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-08-2022, 09:34 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I own a custom AV Integration firm and do this type of work literally all over the world and consult to help other AV pros and DIYers on their projects. Here is my professional advice...

- Select whatever resolution projector you want. Honestly, for what you're doing, 1080P would blow your mind, but you can do 4K if you wish to spend more and want to do more critical viewing using the projector inside.

^ An under $2,000 1080P LCD Epson or a BenQ will do. I would look at the Epson Home Cinema stuff, personally. Thise are around $1500ish.

This one is perfect: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/epson-home-cinema-3200-4k-3lcd-projector-with-high-dynamic-range-white/6366529.p?skuId=6366529

- Any screen is fine. Just get something big. Amazon has a million vheap options... Unless you're gojng high end look, hidden, dolby atmos multi channel audio with subs buried in the ground. You know, permanent stuff (like what I do)

DO NOT BE A CHEAP ASS AND USE A PROJECTOR'S BUILT IN SPEAKERS... IT'S TRASH AUDIO

It's not about loud, it's about quality and intelligibility.

- Buy VERY GOOD outdoor speakers. 8" woofers would be ideal, but you could do smaller. Revel, Focal, Klipsch would all be fine. PM me and I can get you a pair of whatever you wish at my dealer cost. Typically 50% off MSRP or more.

- Some companies make a single point stereo speaker with an 8" woofer. One of those could work great... depending on how far back you are, how wide an area you want to cover, etc 

If your budget is already destroyed (sorry, bud... luxuries like giant outside Bengals cinema are expensive to do well), Parts Express has cheap, but acceptable, outdoor speakers. That is the basement of audio quality... but it's better than the projector's audio.

- Parts Express has an amp that is around $200 that will run the above just fine. https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-APA150-150W-Power-Amplifier-300-812

You will need the following accessories...

- Extension cord
- Mini Jack to Stereo Audio Cable (Also at Parts Express under $5) 
- Roku Stick with TV Control remote (roughly $40-60) stream via cable provider app, Hulu, youtube, TV... etc.
- Some sort of table to set projector and amp on.
- Speaker Wire

^ The above will more than likely last a long time and give you an excellent (for the cost) outdoor system for not just Bengals games, but movies, video games, music, etc etc. Basically, whatever you want to do for outdoor entertainment for around $2,500ish.

Thanks for the info!!! This is the kind of info I need. I will have to digest this. I may pm you with follow up questions. Much appreciated!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor - hoosierbengal - 07-08-2022, 11:54 AM