Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Draft Sharks Says Burrow Is An Injury Risk?!
(07-08-2022, 05:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Higgy. I could understand this if we had just tried to draft OL again but we didn't. We added quality proven vets 
in their prime in Free Agency. This should make the chances of Burrow getting injured again much smaller. We should have 
a much better running game and Burrow shouldn't be HAVING to run for the first down near as much.

Plus Burrow WILL get better at sliding, something he was terrible at as a rookie.

That's what I'm thinking, especially since offensive line is one of the hardest positions to transfer to the NFL from college.

We're bringing in vets that know what the league is like and they'll pick up on things quickly, like terminology and schemes. Everything begin online now is also helpful because I imagine that the players were sent the playbooks and blocking schemes through email and they've all been studying it and getting up-to-speed. They'll also know the tendencies of a lot of defenders and how the NFL is played, which is very beneficial.

You're right about sliding, but I don't think he'll need much of that because, if he has to scramble, you have to know that he and Chase would just go into backyard football mode and would make the connection before Burrow has to tuck it.

I realize that's not always the case because Burrow might have to run up the middle and protect the ball or run to the opposite side of Chase, so let's just hope that Burrow realizes that protecting his (and our) future is more important than a few extra yards.

After the beating he took last season, I have to think he'll want to play it safer this season lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Sharks Says Burrow Is An Injury Risk?! - BFritz21 - 07-08-2022, 09:26 PM