Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

I suggest "No Good Chain Gang" with Johnny Cash "I Can Get Off on You" with Willie as starters....then probably "Lonesome Ornery and Mean" "No God in Mexico", "Outlaw Bit Done Got out of Hand", and "Honky Tonk Heroes" for a solo song.

I mean, not many "country" artists played stadiums with bands like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers like Jennings did. He also got his start playing bass for Buddy Holly.

I think heavy metal is ridiculous with some really stupid imagery and lyrics, horrible screeching singers, and often redundant licks that go over the top to the point of being boring.... doesn't mean I don't listen to Motorhead, Pantera, White Zombie, Sabbath, old Metallica, and a few others because of that opinion.

Nirvana was horrible, overrated pop music and Pearl Jam sucked after Ten. Doesn't mean I don't dig the shit outta Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, and other bands from the era....get my drift? Broaden your perspectives gentlemen.....lol.

I hear what you're saying. It's always about personal taste. To clarify a bit...i don't necessarily dislike Jennings or any/all specific musician(s). I just dislike a particular sound, that comes primarily from "country" artists. There are certainly songs from some that i've liked over the years but as a whole, i don't like the way it hits my ears, the same way you don't like most heavy metal.

That just happens to be my favorite type of music, but even then, i don't like all of it. You'd probably run for the hills if you had to listen to what i'm currently listening to/playing. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor - rfaulk34 - 07-09-2022, 01:29 PM