Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor
(07-08-2022, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Had the privilege of catching Stevie live in Phoenix but never got to see Waylon live, who I like as well. 

That must of been out of this world. SRV was a mad man live. One of the best live guitarists ever. No one better.

Remember just watching one of his live concert vids down on the border when he was playing Texas Flood.

I swear the Strat was smoking after he got done. Strongest hands I have ever seen besides maybe David Gilmour 
who somehow at his age still is bending strings off the neck like some freak of nature. Must know something about 
how to treat his arthritis. Usually guitarists start to really hurt in their hands once they get older.

(07-09-2022, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jennings transcends genres, you boys are missing out.

I suggest "No Good Chain Gang" with Johnny Cash "I Can Get Off on You" with Willie as starters....then probably "Lonesome Ornery and Mean" "No God in Mexico", "Outlaw Bit Done Got out of Hand", and "Honky Tonk Heroes" for a solo song.

I mean, not many "country" artists played stadiums with bands like the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers like Jennings did. He also got his start playing bass for Buddy Holly.

I think heavy metal is ridiculous with some really stupid imagery and lyrics, horrible screeching singers, and often redundant licks that go over the top to the point of being boring.... doesn't mean I don't listen to Motorhead, Pantera, White Zombie, Sabbath, old Metallica, and a few others because of that opinion.

Nirvana was horrible, overrated pop music and Pearl Jam sucked after Ten. Doesn't mean I don't dig the shit outta Alice in Chains, STP, Soundgarden, and other bands from the era....get my drift? Broaden your perspectives gentlemen.....lol.

Great post Wyche. I don't like the "my dog died Country" either. Waylon and Johnny were different.

They aren't a genre. They are all their own.

AIC, STP and Soundgarden are so much better than the newer Pearl Jam too.

Some Pearl Jam fan's claim STP ripped off Pearl Jam lol

STP is so much better back in the day before Scott Weiland went all pickled.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying bengals games on projector outdoor - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-09-2022, 01:34 PM