Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christian Nationalism; The Right-wing Addiction
(07-10-2022, 11:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Good point, and even with a lot of the medical breakthroughs we have, in some cases there can still be a chance even if it's very slim which is better than zero.

I think it's a much more valid reason, combine it with medical reasons/complications and it has much more substance to it than one based on Religion.  

Going to HELL,, pfffft i think based on their definition of what it takes to get into Heaven, most of us aren't gonna make the cut.

Since you don't respect others beliefs, i see no reason to respect yours.

Good luck with your partner and congrats for adopting. 
You seem like a decent person, just some serious issues with the church for whatever your reason. 

My issue isn't with the religious belief in and of itself. People have the right to believe anything they wish, even when it can't be verified to be true. People should be free to believe in any god or and any religion, and they should be able to live their own lives according to that belief.

The problem is when those same people want to impose that belief on others; desiring laws and policies that are based on affirmations of interpretations of recollections of assertions made on ancient parchments.  

I wonder how much "respect" Christians would have if Islam ascended to a position of power and influence within American politics; openly advocating for legislation that's in adherence with Allah, the Quran and Sharia?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Nationalism; The Right-wing Addiction - Lucidus - 07-11-2022, 12:15 AM