Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Draft Sharks Says Burrow Is An Injury Risk?!
(07-10-2022, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's definitely possible, heck even probable, that everyone on the OL will play well.
I'm just saying it's possible someone doesn't play as well as we'd expect/hope, and thus the OL doesn't do as well as some of the projections are saying.
It's no secret that the OLs under Pollack since he left Dallas haven't been great at pass protecting. Sure, some of that is definitely the players he's working with, but it could also be that he's a better run blocking coach than pass blocking coach.
And it's also known that Cappa and Karras aren't some of the highest athletic moving IOL in the league, so they might not perform quite as well in a wide zone run scheme.

I'm expecting an improvement compared to last year, for sure. However, I'm still a bit cautious to anoint the OL as a Top 10 unit until we see them actually play in some regular season games together.

All understandable, nice post Ocho. Mellow

(07-10-2022, 01:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Almost for sure.

But the other thing is I doubt they have to be a top of the top shelf unit for us to improve, a lot ? Just that don't totally suck like several of the past few years.

Yeah, the OL just not totally sucking would be nice lol

(07-11-2022, 07:05 PM)jason Wrote: He was terrible at sliding last year too... Dude literally dove for a first when he was over 20 feet away from the marker against Green Bay too. Decisions like that are a good way to miss a few games.

True, Joe really needs to work on this part of his game more than anything. Learn how to slide man. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Sharks Says Burrow Is An Injury Risk?! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-12-2022, 01:31 PM