Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Ranked #6 By NFL Execs, Coaches, & Players
ESPN surveyed more than 50 league executives, coaches, scouts and players about the top ten running backs for 2022, and Mixon came in at #6!

Quote:Mixon had a banner fifth NFL season, setting career highs in just about every category while anchoring the running game for the AFC champion Bengals. He was trusted with more volume (292 carries) and produced with 1,205 yards and 13 touchdowns, up five from his career high of eight. He also finished with his first 300-yard receiving season despite Cincinnati's crowded playmaking group.

What separates Mixon is his all-around game.

"He improved a lot as far as pass protection, his detail in his work," an AFC coordinator said. "He's definitely a complete back. He always had the explosive component. The Bengals are better, so he's no longer an underrated player."

Mixon has three years left on a four-year, $48 million extension, which looks like good value now, even for a running back.

"[Mixon] produces regardless of O-line play. He will be key for them this year because they can't let Burrow get hit as much," an NFC offensive coach said.

It's amazing to think that he had that kind of season behind our horrible offensive line and I love that he has worked on the details of his game!

It's unreal to think what kind of season he can have behind a good offensive line, which Burrow having more time to throw will also help his game A LOT, and I think he could make a run for the rushing title and be a great value pick for fantasy football and for bets for the rushing title.

I can't wait to see Mixon EXPLODE this year!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mixon Ranked #6 By NFL Execs, Coaches, & Players - BFritz21 - 07-12-2022, 04:00 PM