Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(07-13-2022, 01:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I meant more the old school stuff like governor Reagan supporting gun control when the black panthers started copwatching.  I could be wrong, but doesn't this stuff go even further back to stuff like brass knuckles and switchblades being illegal because blacks who weren't allowed to own guns would have these items for defense and it was easier to just make them illegal for everyone since they weren't popular enough to avoid a ban.

It's just weird that I can buy an assault rifle but not brass knuckles.  I guess brass knuckles aren't "arms" or something.  Anyways, old meets new...buy guns and if the government doesn't like you they may try to take 'em from all of us.

You are indeed correct that gun control almost always has a heavy dose of racism baked into it.  Look at many of the proposals from Dems about increasing taxes on guns and ammunition to obscene levels, making them unaffordable for lower income people.  You think applications in "may issue" states aren't heavily skewed by the wealth and connections of the applicant?  Howard Stern has a CCW in NYC, and the man has constant armed security with him in public, why would Howard Stern need a CCW?  Why is his application more important than a bodega owner who has to make all cash deposits?

As for brass knuckles, they are illegal in CA, but I don't think they're illegal nationwide.  Also, spring assisted switchblades are illegal, but not flip knives that open easily, and quickly, with one hand. So, not much, if any difference in ease of use or effectiveness.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-13-2022, 01:41 PM