Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH
(07-13-2022, 09:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: The ripple effect continues...

Note: with names this time for those who choose to poo-poo that these things can happen in real life.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-07-11/post-roe-many-autoimmune-patients-lose-access-to-gold-standard-drug

This is also why so many feel birth control is also possibly under attack.  Besides Ginni Thomas' husband saying it should be "looked at" again.

Ridiculous and asinine and totally unnecessary  I had to deal with idiots pushing hydroxychloroquine for COVID which caused shortages of that med and tripled the cost which still hasn't gone back down. And now this! 

I have been on methotrexate for over 30 years for rheumatoid arthritis.  Before it is prescribed rheumatologists have 2 points that they drive home.  1) the absolute need for birth control if you can get or cause pregnancy 2) the inability to drink alcohol on that drug.

You notice these people aren't worried about men taking MTX even though it is well documented that males can also cause the fetus to develop abnormalities that lead to miscarriage in the woman. It is a powerful medication.  It is also very well tested, side effects are understood and serious ones are rare.  EVERY new medication for RA and lupus is tested with and against methotrexate. 

I've been active in support groups both in person and online. Those online groups are international with tens of thousands of users.  People who use that med are very very careful about pregnancy.  They know what can happen. I think I have seen less than 5 accidental pregnancies. But this is all another case of people pushing their values onto others.  Or if you are into conspiracy theories maybe Big Pharma is pushing this so drs will prescribe the far more expensive biologic medications.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH - pally - 07-13-2022, 05:06 PM