Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota
(07-14-2022, 07:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, the children got shot by a sick freak.

No, "we're" not arguing about anything.  The right to own a firearm is a Constitutional right, not a suggestion or a favor.  Freedoms will be abused by the worst elements of society, that does not mean the rest of society should lose those freedoms because of that.  I know many in the UK find this hard to wrap their heads around, but I then remind myself that you're also comfortable with imprisoning people for stating their opinion, or teaching a dog to do the Nazi salute as an obvious joke.  Given the choice between these two systems I'll take ours everyday and twice on Sunday.

What do you mean by accomplished?  Do you mean a change in our Constitution?  No, that's certainly not going to happen, not on this issue.  I'm all for doing what can be done to prevent these shootings that doesn't involve infringing on our rights, but I'm not, and will never be, comfortable surrendering my right to own a firearm and protect me and my family.  If you don't get that, or find it abhorrent, that's fine.  It certainly doesn't change my position.

I've worked in the UK for the past 5 years, but I lived in the States for 42 years after my parents moved from Norway, so my positions have nothing to do with being in the UK. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota - Lucidus - 07-14-2022, 07:59 PM