Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota
(07-14-2022, 08:20 PM)Lucidus Wrote: To say that is to ignore the data in comparison with the rest of the world. There is a very staggering problem in America as it pertains to guns, shootings and deaths resulting from. How do you ever go about addressing without taking the gun restrictions into account in a serious way? Guns have become uncomfortably and disturbingly fetishized by the American public, in my opinion. The gun has become part of the self-identity to many people. 

When my father was younger you could literally buy a rifle at the grocery store, just put it in your cart and check out.  The guns are not the problem.  If they were then we'd have been awash in these types of shootings our entire history.  So, something else is the problem.  Focusing on the gun isn't fixing anything and never will.  The only way to solve this from your position is to ban guns and confiscate them.  This is obviously unconstitutional.  You want to get on board with addressing inner city violence and its myriad causes, I'm with you.  You want to address the mental health issues that younger people, especially young men, are facing, I'm right there with you.  You want to take away my rights because other people suck, you've lost me completely.

(07-14-2022, 08:23 PM)Lucidus Wrote: The topic of raising kids and how they turn out hasn't been brought up? 

Once your kids are teenagers they are exposed to numerous influences that you have very limited control over. At that point you do what you can and trust that you provided them with a solid foundation to be a good human being.  This thread is about literal diaper aged children cursing at police and hitting them.  Not the same thing.  Both are certainly about parenting, to be sure, but it's not the same thing as discussing late adolescent/young adult behaviors.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-14-2022, 08:33 PM