Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag
(07-15-2022, 04:53 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Dude's been crying about his money for 2 offseasons now and refuses to sign what is probably a fair deal.

He was watching his wallet and not the field for most of last year.  They drafted his replacement. The Bengals can sign Bell and move on from Bates next season. I honestly would be fine if they rescinded the tag and looked to sign some stong DL vet who gets released... Larey O deserved to come back for cash and plays a more snap to snap impactful role.

Anyone thinking the Bengals are being difficult here, I think this has been going on for a long long time and the club knew this was going to happen. When the Bengals elected to NOT have Bates III jerseys in the pro shop when the new ones debuted, - when it had been previously annoiced that Bates III jerseys would be with the new ones for sale - I could see this being the end. The proshop guys even grimmaced when I asked them where it was and said there were some hang ups about how long he would be with the club.

Didn't even think about that but it makes sense. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag - WeezyBengal - 07-15-2022, 05:10 PM