Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH
(07-17-2022, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Once fertilized, it does cell division all on it's own regardless of environment, and you just admitted that it CAN survive out side of the womb, even if only for a couple weeks, which emphasizes my point. 

It really doesn't, though, because it still requires a medium and a perfectly controlled environment in order to do so. If it were to be left on its own without human intervention, it would not replicate.

(07-17-2022, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Autonomous cell specification is a form of specification in which the developing cell is able to differentiate with out receiving external signals.

Autonomous cell specification and autonomy are two wildly different concepts. Just because something is capable of autonomous specification and determination based on biological terms does not mean it is an autonomous organism. There is no biologist that would claim that.

(07-17-2022, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trying to use philosophical definitions or compare it to a chicken egg (or Duck, as in Ballot) is the fallacy as the process is not the same.

It isn't? I mean, sperm fertilizes egg. It develops inside a uterus or inside of the shell of an egg, depending on the species. It's pretty similar. One could actually argue that a chicken or duck embryo is actually more autonomous than the embryo of a mammal.

(07-17-2022, 10:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: PS What grade ballot to you prefer? and do you get it fresh?

I don't know about grades. I just know I have some Filipino friends that make it every now and then when they're having a party and I am a big fan.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH - Belsnickel - 07-18-2022, 11:24 AM