Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag
(07-18-2022, 03:16 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Jessie should like at the team he plays for. They have generally honored their contracts. When Mike made a deal with a player that was it. He held up his end of the deal and you weren’t going to renegotiate with 2 years into a 5 year deal. I partly have come to think this was his way of guaranteeing a contract without shelling out a lot of up front bonus. Leon hall is a great example. Most teams would have bailed on him long before the bengals did. His play wasn’t worth what he was getting paid.

When you’re on a team as loaded as the bengals are each player will have to decide if it’s worth it to them to take a little less to be part of a very good team, potentially a dynasty type team.

If it’s true they offered him top 3 type money and he didn’t take it shame on him. I hope he doesn’t get leveon bell’ed.

Even if he had a serious injury this year I’d have to think the bengals would let him rehab and return and play for awhile before axing him due to subpar performance. That would shake out to his guaranteed money, at least 2 years salary and potentially an injury settlement. I could retire on that amount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o_O

What team were you watching? He was a top 20 CB every year he was healthy, without fail.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-18-2022, 03:36 PM