Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-18-2022, 09:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So 3 points.

1) We drafted his replacement.
2) Basically, the Bengals are choosing Higgins over Bates. Atleast it appears that way.
3) Bates is wildly inconsistent. He's great at times. Average others. If we gave him a huge bonus and he was average...that's bad for us. I'd say Higgins has been more consistent.

It's a risk. Our drafted safeties might not pan out. And Bell is a free agent soon too.
1. Then why even have Bates on the team? So the rookies don't have to play day one and can be eased in? I think they'll be better than Bates if he half-asses the regular season again to avoid injury.

2. I don't think so........... I think it's just his agent convincing him that he should be the top (or near the top) safety in the league based off of his play in the playoffs, which was better, but I'm not even sure it made him good enough to be paid where his agent is commanding.

3. I disagree because, like I said, he half-assed it in the playoffs. I agree that I'd give Higgins money over Bates because, with a decent offensive line, we can outscore anyone in the game.

(07-18-2022, 11:06 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We wont trade Bates for draft picks. We will want a comparable player in trade So someone like Deebo or Kittle from the 49ers. for example. Which 49ers more than likely wouldn't do so point is moot.

I don't think so........ we don't need another receiver and I know Kittle is a lot better than Hurst but you're right that they're not going to give up Kittle, and I don't know that we have that many other big holes on the roster, so draft picks are the only thing that make sense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - BFritz21 - 07-18-2022, 03:54 PM