Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim
(07-18-2022, 05:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I've never understood the mob mentality - probably because I hate people and I hate crowds even more.

I get the mindset, but never in a manner as serious as this.  I don't care about baseball, but if my buddies and I spend $3 to go see a Pirates game I put on a $1 goodwill Pirates hat and gleefully join in with the booing the "bad call" when one of the Pirates players was clearly out by a mile.  You know you are wrong, but being part of a group and having fun with it make it ok.

People apply that sort of "I know it's wrong, but we need to send a message" aspect in many ways.  OJ and Case Anthony not guilty?  Well, clearly they were, but we had to send a message to "the system" for being so ineffective.  Biden won the 2020 election?  Yeah, probably, but saying it was rigged is part of my MAGA identity.  I live in PA and have zero connection to the Civil War...well yea, but I fly that flag to show I'm a rebel, damn it.

And so on and so forth.  You want to be part of a group?  You can't zig when they zag...you fall in line and you see it how they tell you to see it.  Police shoot a black man for a legit reason?  BLM revolts.  Police shoot a black man for a less than legit reason?  Back the Blue supports it.  Was the shoot justified?  Maybe, but we're gonna dig up something the individuals did or said at some point to justify our never-wavering viewpoint.

It isn't what you do, it's who you are and to which club you belong and who you need to please and bow to.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to renew my 3rd party cop out membership by saying "Two wings of the same bird" a few times.  We're all full of shit, we're just noseblind to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim - Nately120 - 07-18-2022, 07:14 PM