Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag
(07-19-2022, 12:54 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: He’ll either sit or play for us. I think the likelihood of a trade is under 25%.

I’m really not too concerned about any of this after the draft. We can get by/win while the young safeties fill into their role. I really like our draft picks this year and feel great about our future in the secondary (without bates).

The bottom line is bates is expendable after such a successful draft. Good luck to him in whatever path he chooses. I’d like a ring on my portfolio if I were him. One good year, a super bowl win, then cash in on FA next year. Seems like a great situation to squander. I get the not wanting to get injured, but 12 million is a lot of money—and a bigger payday in one year’s time.

AGain, his agent screwed him. I’m not so sure the agent was good for Watson, either. That contract may forever keep teams from wanting to work with him, again.

Bates will come up on the negative side sitting out the season. It will take a long while to make up for that $12M he’d miss. So much for taking care of his family, as he’s reportedly wanting to do.

Does anyone think he’ll get a significantly better contract by sitting out a year? He’ll be considered “difficult to work with” by doing so. What team will overpay for that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag - Graphicguy - 07-19-2022, 08:50 AM