Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director
(07-19-2022, 09:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK I guess that is an overall bad development, but how does it influence incarceration rates. These private prisons don't write laws or convict people.

Well, but that is true in most countries, not too specific for the US.

That sounds a bit conspiratorial. I get that addiction is a big factor, but the government actively intending to get people addicted so they can arrest them... that is a step too far for me.

I get the other points and how they might contribute. That they are sufficient to explain an overall worldwide lead (and it's not even close)... I have my doubts.

One of Trump's advisors says he has the evidence to put 300 million Americans in jail, so if you think things are nuts now just wait until 91% of our population is incarcerated!

Invest in for profit prisons before Trump wins in 2024.  Sadly, I'll be locked up for life and unable to reap the benefits.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director - Nately120 - 07-19-2022, 10:41 AM