Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim
(07-19-2022, 01:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mean, it is fair to ask the question of what changed during the negotiations that caused the sniper to pull the trigger.

I would also point out, though, that in that situation a sniper is there to prevent further injury to the public and the officers. All it takes is for the suspect to move their hand in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable and they will be justified to pull the trigger. In that situation, the sniper isn't going to wait for the suspect to point a weapon at someone; that is too late. All there has to be is a shift in some way that could signal something was coming and that suspect is getting dropped. He had already proven a willingness to kill, so the smart action is to not give them a chance.

I think we just need to take a moment and recognize that there is some validity to the discussion occurring on both sides, here. It may not be communicated in the best way, but there is validity there.

I think that's why we said once we know the reason that will be good.  

A little transparency would go a long way toward cooling relations between protestors and police.

But as has been posted there is a mistrust there that will take time to heal.  And it has to see movement from both sides.  Not that won't always be extremists (on both sides) but that the majority should be able to get together on these unfortunate events.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim - GMDino - 07-19-2022, 02:08 PM