Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director
(07-17-2022, 01:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've been against private, for profit, incarceration since it's been a thing.  Incarceration should solely be the purview of the state.  

Which, again, is why private "prisons" need to go.  I do find it interesting that their population is decreasing despite a rise in crime.  I expect that in CA, where so many DA's decide not to do their job, but I am surprised to see that in AZ.

I agree with this.  If you are going to incarcerate people, then you need to be solely responsible for them.  You don't get to hand it off.

As to your later post about crack vs powder, crack caused way more problems in society than powder.  Jesus I think even Fred made that point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director - michaelsean - 07-19-2022, 02:25 PM