Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim
(07-19-2022, 03:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: To the bold: most likely not. Now, I don't know the layout of the scene or anything, but snipers/sharpshooters are almost always taking a shot from the prone position or one in which their weapon is supported on a solid rest. These positions would leave any field of view from a body worn camera obstructed. Not to mention that the distance to target for such a shot would be longer than these cameras are designed to capture. Body worn cameras are designed to really only capture quality images from like 10-15 feet away. After that the image quality, which already wasn't great, diminishes greatly. The distances a sniper would shoot from, usually measured in yards/meters rather than feet, would not be captured well on such a camera, especially a movement that could be slight.

Thank you for fielding this, I do get tired of having to explain things that one would think are obvious.  I will add one thing though, there is zero chance of any body camera footage from a sniper.  Even if they are not in a prone position, which is often the case as you correctly point out, the worn body camera has nowhere near the range to capture useable footage.  Even if it did, it's attached to you chest, which will be canted forward when in a shooting position with a rifle, so it wouldn't catch anything useable even if it had the ability to do so.

Also, as you have previously pointed out, this guy had already shot at several people, including police.  Additionally, they gave this guy hours upon hours to negotiate or surrender, all of which he refused to do.  Given all these circumstances it could have been as simple as take the shot if you have it, given that this guy had already proven himself more than willing to murder people and his still being armed.  That he was a danger to the lives of anyone in that building had already been demonstrated beyond any doubt.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BLM Protestors Mock Shooting Victim - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-19-2022, 04:32 PM