Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director
(07-19-2022, 03:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Our shitty treatment of the First Nations was quite truthfully worse than that of the Africans brought here. That is not something I will deny, nor will I deny our continued shitty treatment of them. Most people have no idea of the absolutely atrocious conditions they live in on reservations to this day. The one redeeming part for reservation life, however, is self-governance. Their under-representation in our criminal justice system is due in large part to the self-governance of reservations and their ability to take care of their own. I know quite a few reservation natives and have heard how this system tends to work.

And here is where the racism is the only factor issue really falls apart.  Noe one has gotten the shit end of the stick in this country more than the native populations.  You are correct that the ability to self govern and maintain a community identity has certainly helped, but even so that does not explain why they are nowhere near as overrepresented as the black community.  As we all agree, it's a toxic combination of numerous reasons.

I will add that it's a pleasure to be able to discuss this like adults without having to worry about racism accusations for daring to ask uncomfortable questions.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arizona communities would 'collapse' without cheap prison labor, Corrections director - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-19-2022, 05:26 PM