Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Democrats set votes to protect same-sex marriage and contraception
(07-19-2022, 04:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If I'm the GOP I'm stymying this in the Senate and then voting it through once they take back at least the House in November.  I wouldn't give the Dems any wins at all until after the election.  Yes, that's shitty and yes, that's politics.

Probably not appealing to their vocal base who will absolutely hold them accountable for not toeing the line for "Christian" values.  If we've learned anything, it's that there's always someone crazy out there willing to run for office if the current occupants aren't extreme enough.

That said, this is the dems ham-fisted attempt at holding the GOP accountable if/when these current freedoms are abridged by the court in time.  The GOP doesn't have to let this pass, but if they don't, then they're much easier to hang the potential losses of marriage equality and decreased access to contraception on in midterms.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats set votes to protect same-sex marriage and contraception - samhain - 07-19-2022, 07:55 PM